Advanced Process Control Engineer - JOB ID 565
- Identify and implement opportunities for advanced control and real time optimization strategies to achieve improvements in process efficiency, reliability, and safety.
- Design, configure, and commission APC and optimization solutions to enable value chain optimization.
- Use statistical process control methods to create accurate models that predict, monitor and/or control operating processes
- Maintain advanced process control software and hardware infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain spectroscopy-based advanced analyzer models to determine accurate real-time measurement of challenging process variables
- Work within integrated project teams and business stakeholders on various near real time optimization projects, which includes activities such as: scoping study development, benefit analysis, solution design and review, data collection and modeling, soft sensor development, operator interface development, process simulation, commissioning, and operator training
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- 4 years of work experience in a similar role
- Previous hands-on experience with mainstream DCS, APC and RTO platforms
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering
- An entrepreneurial attitude, and an adaptable and flexible working style, as the program is in early stages
- Excellent interpersonal and engagement skills, both verbal and written, with proven communication skills
- Alignment with Client values
- Advanced degree (master’s and/or Ph.D.) in engineering
- Experience leading APC/RTO projects, including technology selection, implementation, integration, and training on new systems and platforms
- Understanding of advanced analytics techniques and statistical analysis
- Experience developing and maintaining advanced analyzer models
- Exposure to operations, and/or experience in more than one area of the energy value chain
- Knowledge of hydrocarbon planning technology (LP models, optimizers, etc.) and planning processes
- Familiarity with ADEM, the Agile mindset, and agile delivery methods
- Eligible for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA)
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will be based out of the Clients Calgary head office
- Flexibility for a blend of remote and in-person work
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- Occasional travel may be required to other Client offices and/or sites
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.