Contracts Advisor - JOB ID 620
· Develop go-to-market strategy, bid evaluation and selection criteria for all levels of complexity, integrating market intelligence from historical supplier performance and contract compliance information.
· Lead the evaluation of and develop recommendations for the commercial structures of low to medium complexity contracts.
· Complete legal review of terms and conditions and engage legal teams as required.
· Work cross functionally throughout and act as a trusted commercial advisor.
· Develop negotiation strategies and lead negotiations for material and service contract requirements.
· Determine contracting requirements to drive value, eliminate cost from the value chain, and motivate strong supplier performance.
· Effectively implement and roll out negotiated contract terms and conditions to procurement and business unit (end users).
· Monitor strategy leakage and develop and implement actions plans to reduce.
· Lead change management process for contracts; lead contract close-out process and ensure supplier performance feedback is gathered for future reference.
· Ensure that commercial and business requirements are met, and supplier performance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
· 3-5 years of directly related professional experience and/or a combination of commercial and technical work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business or Supply Chain.
· Experience in contracts management, category management, strategic sourcing, and/or supply chain operations, with capability in contract drafting and negotiation, review of legal terms and conditions, and supplier relationship and performance management.
· A deep understanding of contracting and commercial concepts and processes, coupled with strong negotiation skills and the dexterity to lead complex commercial negotiations.
· The ability to build trust and respectful relationships with suppliers while collaborating on opportunities and managing performance.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the sufficiency to adapt to different audiences, including demonstrated ability to effectively present commercial concepts clearly and concisely.
· Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity.
· Experience in negotiating and managing contracts for procurement of materials and services.
· Degree and other recognized professional designations and training (SCMP, PMP etc.).
· Varied commercial experience is welcome with a desire to learn and cross translate prior commercial experience.
· Skill development is focused on decision making and judgment. Work is increasing in scope and responsibility.
· Ability to apply contract concepts to execute complex processes in daily work.
· Ability to analyze data, review requirements and negotiate effective solutions.
Demonstrates broad general understanding of Supply Chain Management (SCM) with advancing skill in key areas of contracting.
Requires communication skills and effective interaction with partners and suppliers.
Applies advanced ERP knowledge to execute tasks.
Minimum 1 - 3+ years in a Supply Chain or a Procurement related role.
Post-secondary Business or Supply Chain background preferred.
Experience in Oil & Gas Industry preferred.
Start date: January 1, 2023 – May 21, 2023
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8 AM – 4 PM
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Fixed term contract