E&I Technician - JOB ID 570
You will use your expertise to:
- Ensure the safety of people, equipment, and the environment while also ensuring that plant policies are adhered to
- Work on a dynamic crew maintaining the instruments & regulated electrical equipment at the plant
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance on electrical and instrumentation systems
- Troubleshoot, program and maintain PLC systems
- Become familiar with the Distributed Control System (DCS) for input and maintenance of the system
- Install, repair and calibrate instruments used for various process measurements and controls throughout the plant process areas
- Maintain updated documentation of all electrical and / or instrumentation changes implemented
- Comply to regulatory requirements in regards to electrical, instrumentation and calibration.
- Maintain housekeeping at a high level to ensure a safe work environment
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- Certified Electrician
- Licensed 309 construction and maintenance electrical ticket is preferred
- Instrumentation ticket and/or experience would be an asset.
- Experience in an industrial setting.
- Alignment with our values of: safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing
5 years of experience working in an industrial / manufacturing facility
Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to make timely decisions associated with process upsets
Adaptive work style with an ability to handle multiple priorities, challenging demands and function positively in a dynamic work environment
Not tolerating shortcuts and if the procedure is incorrect, you fix it
A problem solver who constantly asks what could go wrong and checks for out-of-the-ordinary conditions and learns to anticipate potential problems
You will be working from the Client's Ethanol facility in Mooretown, Ontario
The shift schedule is Monday – Friday days
This position is safety sensitive
You will be required to adhere to the client's clean-shaven policy; perform some heavy lifting, use ladders and work on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential