Electrical or Instrument & Controls Engineer - JOB ID - 735
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Liaise with the Capital Project Manager(s) to identify and advise on strategies for electrical and instrumentation scopes of work required for the projects.
• Compile technical scopes of work for external engineering companies and contracting companies.
• Liaise with design vendors, internal and external engineering to progress the design from the detailed engineering stage through to detailed SOW and drawing packages.
• Support electrical engineering projects, including field investigation; design and construction; inspections and reviews.
• Manage quality control and risks during design work, including critical review of results in coordination with project management team and “Engineer of Records”.
• Support daily execution activities including quality assurance and quality control activities and ensure contractor activities follow the construction work packages.
• Communicate execution progress as required to the project manager(s).
• Provide engineering and field supervision to field contractors for the assigned projects.
• Work within a multi-discipline engineering and project team (project engineering, cost control, scheduling, procurement, etc.) to ensure project is designed and executed in accordance with the agreed schedule and budget.
• Provide engineering support to development of engineering deliverables.
• Monitor and track progress of field execution of work scopes using defined Earned Value metrics, project schedule.
• Identify and report project risks during engineering design and field execution.
• Monitor schedule and manhours in the field with field contractors and ensure the manhours, progress and schedule reported by field contractors is accurate.
• Liaise with internal engineering groups, external engineering contractors, operations, and project management team to resolve engineering and/or construction conflicts and risks.
• Respond to RFIs originated in the field and ensure they are addressed in less than 24 hours to minimize construction delays. Ideally use his/her technical experience to resolve RFIs in the field as soon as they arise.
• Assist with the development and execution of Transfer of Care, Custody and Control (TCCC), Mechanical Completion Declaration (MCD), and Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR).
• Review technical shop drawings.
• Participate in daily field coordination meetings and Client/Contractor weekly management meetings.
• Participate in technical bid evaluations and in the selection of field contractors.
• Review and approve of change management originated from field contractors (FCN, CCO, etc.)
• Follow up and Review field redlines from field construction.
• Operating in a team-oriented environment, the E&I Control Engineer is expected to participate in group activities, share thoughts and demonstrate active listening skills, while considering owner needs to provide the best service possible.
• Effectively report progress of activities and highlight any areas requiring support with recommendations of an action plan to address such deficiencies/ improvements.
• Evaluate, establish, and implement safe work practices that minimize hazard exposure to employees.
• Ensures that any rules or regulations contained in Owner Safety Manual, Policies and Procedures Manual, Site Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations or any rules posted by the Corporation on bulletin boards or in the work area are complied
• Must comply, administer, and uphold all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct, including the Statement of Core Values and Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health, and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
• Maintain adequate standards relating to health, safety, and personnel relations.
• Impose good housekeeping habits and maintain good housekeeping throughout the work area.
• Utilize the human resources available in a fair and efficient manner.
• Encourage others in participation in problem solving.
• Direct his/her area of responsibility to achieve the highest standards in all aspects, including safety, employee relations, production, cost, and effective utilization of the resources available.
• Direct, adjust and cease work activities to ensure only safe and productive work is performed.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements:
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical/Instrumentation Engineering.
• Ten (10) years of experience in engineering.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all the applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.