Hydrocarbon Deal Entry & Inventory Control Analyst - JOB ID 636
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the completeness of inventory movements and facilitate all client’s month end inventory movement requirements in SAP and TriplePoint where applicable.
• Implement and oversee month-end inventory reasonableness activity for client.
• Facilitate the monthly reconciliation process of SAP inventories to shipper statements by commodity, location, trade strategy and legal entity to ensure timely identification and remediation of unresolved issues including performing true ups and measuring gains and losses. This activity is referred to as the ‘book-to-physical’ process and includes the reconciliation of inventories across front, middle and back-office systems.
• Identify abnormal inventory movements as they occur, including negative inventory challenges, troubleshoot & work with scheduling team and respective areas to determine cause & correct transaction(s) if necessary, including fix at source.
• Monitor and track items are getting resolved including logging recurring challenges and fixing at source.
• Collaborate on process improvement initiatives to speed up and eliminate manual processes and support future state of ST&O Transformation, including technology solutions.
• Ensure monthly hand off process is followed and communicate the completion of the reconciliation process to back office to ensure accounting month end deadlines are adhered to.
• Perform client and 3rd party terminal reconciliation as well as pipeline reconciliations and ensure monthly hand off process to scheduling is followed.
• Communicate incorrectly scheduled or missing movements to Finance team to assess extent of financial impact and/or correction, this role includes making movements to adjust where required.
• Actively monitor and manage the trucking BOL errors for all reaching outside of this group where necessary to ensure timely attention to correction.
• Support and proactively drive standardization of inventory management process across scheduling areas.
• Where appropriate, enable technologies to support proactive inventory management, by supporting the business implementation of HIM.
• Prepare and file reports as needed on a daily, monthly, and quarterly basis.
• Follow appropriate internal and SOX audit processes for inventory accounting.
• Other support duties as required.
Experience & Education:
• Bachelor’s degree, a major in Business, Accounting or Economics is an asset.
• One (1) year experience in crude/ and or refined products logistics, analytics, or accounting.
• Experience working in a trading, finance, or operations environment would be an asset.
Skills & Knowledge:
• Strong data, Microsoft Excel and Power BI skills with high attention to detail.
• Proven communication and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to manage competing priorities and to work under pressure within specified timelines.
• Basic knowledge of the end-to-end transaction lifecycle, which include trade capture, contracts/confirmations, scheduling, risk management, invoicing and settlements flow of trade.
• Working knowledge of SAP would be beneficial.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
WestCorp Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.