Maintenance Engineer - Tailing- FIFO JOB ID 583
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Daily mechanical engineering support for all Tailings Assets including spools, barges, valves, pumps, etc.
· Coordinates scheduling of planned LSD and Non-Destructive Evaluation work, creates notifications, & updates schedules.
· Performs pre-LSD field walkdowns of lines.
· Responds to Quality Assurance questions and recommendations, evaluates, and approve deviations from LSD statement of work (SOW).
· Reviews regional contractor maintenance draft LSD SOW and develops final SOW.
· Revises plan as needed based on walkdowns, found work, and RFI's.
· Resolves issues of insufficient spares arising during LSD execution.
· Creates post-LSD notifications to order non-stock spares to replenish inventory borrowed from other WO's or expected to be needed for next LSD.
· Designs and creates (IFC) FTL Ped piping scopes with layout drawings and BOM.
· Designs and creates (IFC) piping scopes with layout drawings and BOM.
· Reviews and responds to RFI's submitted by others.
· Communicates changes and assigns follow-up actions as necessary.
· Answers supply chain and vendor technical questions.
· Tracks pour hours, adjusts Ped scope tie points, initiates preventative actions, and reports on condition.
· Performs RCA, prepares report, assigns causal analysis team members, sets up meetings, assigns enablon actions, and communicates learnings.
· Supports operations and maintenance response, and field observations for RCA.
· Develops scopes and manages maintenance and operation initiated MOC's for Coarse Tailings, Fine Tailings, Drainage, and Wells.
· SOW creation for line shutdowns, ped lifts and all spool changes.
· Analytics’ for various Tailings assets (i.e. wear rates, life achieved, etc.).
· Supports maintenance and operations as needed.
· Daily interactions and sharing of data and information within the Reliability group.
· Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma is required.
· Registration with APEGA.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
· Five (5) years engineering experience is required.
· Two (2) years of tailing/pipeline experience is considered an asset.
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and can learn new systems quickly.
· Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
· A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish work tasks with minimal supervision.
· Ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision making in high stress environments.
· Strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
· Demonstrated leadership skills.
FIFO: Flights, Accommodations and Paid Parking at Airport. Schedule 7 days on, 7 days off.