Material Coordinator - ID #198 - North Vancouver, BC
• Improve the quality of Purchase Order Requisitions for Direct Purchase materials, for example: ensure correct coding, ensure completeness, avoid duplication of in-stock materials, look for opportunities to purchase at lower unit costs, and identify waste.
• Maintenance Planners to add new items, and monitor subsequent usage. Facilitate non-routine purchases requiring technical input from subject matter experts.
• Administrate service, rental, operational and supply contracts. For example: radios, scrap bins, freight, tools & equipment, safety supplies, coveralls, chemicals, and consumables
• Manage on-site spare parts inventory; align practices with the right combination of stock held on-site, vendor managed, and just in time, ensuring critical spares are available when necessary.
• Ensure maintenance work requiring Direct Purchase materials moves smoothly through the identify-plan-schedule-execute-review cycle, for example: verify material receipt and physical location. Act as Computerized Maintenance Management System superuser to improve workflow processes.
• Report to superintendents on Stores compliance with issuing, receiving and return procedures, and good housekeeping.
• Develop relationships with other internal departments. Streamline information and approval flows, challenge inefficiencies, work to improve administrative processes.
• Support Planning and execution of project work such as: facilitating the pre-staging of materials, ensuring accurate issuing, replenishing or rebuilding cores afterwards. Track and update the status of parts sent out for rebuild. Responsible for decision to rebuild or discard cores.
• Supply Chain Management Professional designation or equivalent training and experience
• Familiarity with 'IBM Maximo' or equivalent Computerized Maintenance Management System preferred. High level of proficiency with Enterprise Resource Planning systems and Electronic Data Interchanges in general.
• Trades background or aptitude and familiarity with technical specifications commonly used by heavy industrial trades - Millwright, Ironworker, Electrician, Machinist, Heavy Duty Mechanic etc. Knowledge of local suppliers of same.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook”
MONDAY - FRIDAY : 8 HOURS PER DAY
TERM: 3-6 Month term
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
Reference Job ID #198