Materials Coordinator - JOB ID 550
The general work includes, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
- The Coordinator will be responsible to liason with the Capital Project Manager(s) to identify the material and equipment to be procured for each project.
- The Coordinator will be responsible to liason with the vendors to arrange site delivery of all material and equipment.
- The Coordinator will support the warehouse staff in the receiving of all Capital deliveries and complete inspections to confirm no damages during shipping.
- The Coordinator will liason with the #3 shaft crew to arrange lowering of all material and equipment UG.
- The Coordinator will work with the construction coordinators to arrange all UG transportation of Capital material and equipment to the UG storage lockups.
- Coordinate daily execution activities including quality assurance and quality control activities performed by engineers, and ensure contractor activities follow the construction work package.
- Monitoring and controlling daily project performance to maintain cost, schedule, scope and quality.
- Performs required regulatory compliance checks, job observations and actively participates in the 4 key PCS safety priorities. Ensure that safe work habits are enforced and instruct safe methods of doing work.
- Ensure daily LEMS are accurate, signed, and submitted to Owner, as required.
- Communicating fabrication progress as required to the project manager.
- Evaluate payment applications with the Owner.
- Chair and minute monthly / weekly vendor progress meetings.
- Ensure the Contractor closes all punch–list actions of their work as it progresses.
- Coordinate close out documentation for the project.
- Continually debrief Owner’s staff to communicate any potential issues or concerns.
- Act on behalf of Owner, always.
- Operating in a team-oriented environment, the Coordinator is expected to participate in group activities, share thoughts and demonstrate active listening skills, while considering customer needs to provide the best service possible.
- Effectively report progress of activities to the Owner, and highlight any areas requiring support with recommendations of an action plan to address such deficiencies/ improvements.
- Keep peers informed on operations, particularly calling attention to changes, abnormalities and new problems as they arise. Establish and maintain effective two-way communication with employees.
- Evaluate, establish, and implement safe work practices that minimize hazard exposure to employees.
- Ensures that any rules or regulations contained in Owner Safety Manual, Policies and Procedures Manual, Mine Regulations, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations or any rules posted by the Corporation on bulletin boards or in the work area are complied with by all employees.
- Must comply, administer and uphold all Company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Statement of Core Values and Code of Conduct; the Respect in the Workplace Policy; Safety, Health and Environment Policies; and any other applicable standards, policies and procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation.
- Maintain adequate standards relating to health, safety and personnel relations. Impose good housekeeping habits and maintain good housekeeping throughout the work area.
- Utilize the human resources available in a fair and efficient manner. Encourage employee participation in problem solving.
- Direct his/her area of responsibility to achieve the highest standards in all aspects, including safety, employee relations, production, cost, and effective utilization of the resources available. Direct, adjust and cease work activities to ensure employees are performing safe and productive work.
- Please note this role will require you to be underground 50% of the time.
Location: Rocanville, SK
Candidates located more than 100 kms away that have to travel to site will be provided LOA of $230/per working day.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.