Mechanical Project Engineer
• In general, the Surface Mechanical Project Engineer at our Client site (hereinafter referred to as the Owner) will become an important part of an internal project team responsible to assist Project Managers identify requirements and generally provide expertise that assist with scope development, designs and estimates, procurement and installation of Mechanical and structural scopes for the surface portion of the Capital Program which consists of multiple projects.
• The surface Mechanical project engineer will complete site walkdowns / inspections pre execution and during execution, help compile existing drawings, specifications and assist with project development as well as observe and report on progress of ongoing execution work.
• The surface Mechanical project engineer will be required to work with stakeholders, internal and external engineering, planning and scheduling, quality and safety teams to ensure designs meet intent, constraints are acknowledged and estimates, step plans and schedules are complete for successful execution.
• The surface Mechanical project engineer will be required to review and comment on new designs when they are circulated with stakeholders, internal project team and external engineering or discussed in scheduled project meetings.
• The surface Mechanical project engineer will provide support for construction coordinators manage Mechanical scopes of work during execution and commissioning and assist with RFI’s prior to and during installation.
• In general, this work package is associated with Capital Projects at the mill sites and will require the successful candidate to perform work at site for regular office hours while occasional technical reviews and providing RFI assistance on multiple projects may be done offsite if required. Percentage of working time in the field is estimated to be approximately 50% of the 40 hour work week on site.
The general work includes, but is not necessarily limited to the following:
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer will be responsible to liason with the Capital Project Manager(s) to identify and advise on strategies for Mechanical scopes of work required for each project.
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer will be responsible to liason with design vendors, internal and external engineering to progress the design from the concept stage through to detailed SOW and drawing packages.
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer will work with the construction coordinators to arrange all Mechanical material and equipment and ensure the proper storage, handling and installation.
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer will support daily Mechanical execution activities including quality assurance and quality control activities and ensure contractor activities follow the Mechanical construction work package
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer shall perform required regulatory compliance checks, job observations and actively participate in safety priorities. Ensure that safe work habits are enforced and instruct safe methods of doing work as applicable.
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer shall communicate execution progress as required to the project manager.
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer shall evaluate payment applications with the project manager.
• The Surface Mechanical Project Engineer shall debrief Owner’s staff and communicate any potential issues or concerns.
• Act on behalf of Owner, always.
• P. Eng registered with APEGS with 5+ years PROJECT specific Engineering experience
• Mechanical Engineering Background.
• Providing team leadership behaviors will be essential as this role will lead management level meetings and is expected to communicate with business professionals.
• A strong background in document control, revision, and project management processes is essential.
• Previous experience with ORACLE considered an asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong interpersonal, communication, administrative and leadership skills are required
• Motivated, self-starter who can work well independently or within a team environment
• An effective communicator with the ability to develop positive working relations across a multitude of business units
• Exercises good judgment on complex decisions