Mechanical Static Planner - JOB ID 552
- Review all outstanding work orders in Maximo, and maintain a list of workable work orders
- Update and close work orders
- Coordinate with operations, integrity/inspection, projects, Engineering and maintenance for the final scope of work
- Prepare final list of jobs for OCO Team approval
- Initiate RFI’s when required and follow up
- Perform job walk / site verifications to ensure job packages are fully complete and satisfactory (due diligence)
- Develop work packages for tasks not found in the technical archives which include detailed activity break-up, jobs safety analysis, P&ID’s, WPS, repair procedures, inspection reports, drawings and contract services
- Understand worst case scenario and mitigation plan to control any bad actors
- Identify & list requirements for all scopes including material / parts, labor, equipment, special tools, procedures, critical lifts, documents and specialty contract services
- Identify the materials with long-lead delivery. Coordinate with the Materials Coordinator for budgetary quote and delivery schedule
- Coordinate with material Coordinator for final BOM & follow-up for timely delivery
- Assemble final work packs
- Provide preliminary estimates for work scope items to support the early budgetary and schedule estimates
- Assist the Scheduler in the development of the Master Execution Schedule
- Prepare / Coordinate a Contractor technical scope of work
- Attend all identified training and team meetings
- Create Field Execution Plans (FEP) assigned to you
- Review Field Execution Plans created by others as assigned to you
- Create Materials Breakout Sheets for your jobs
- Identify the need for further planning and estimating by craft specific Planners in the areas of scaffold, insulation, heat tracing, cranes, etc.
- Provide detailed planning and scheduling assistance to various third party companies which may be planning specific jobs
- Liaise with Vendors on vessel internals and process issues
- Work with owner companies staff to ensure all documentation required for all jobs are prepared and included in the job packages
- Attend & participate in Critical Job Reviews related to FEP’s
- Work with Coordinators to assign Level of Complexity to jobs
- Review job packages with various Field Project Managers
- Develop job packages for approved late and added work
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop work packages during the execution phase of a turnaround for additional repair work with approved repair procedures & recommendations and procure material as required.
- Maintain notes on Contractor issues and performance
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements establish by the Client
- Know and comply with all regulations and legislative requirements, environmental standards of the Occupational Health and Safety Act for the Province of Alberta
- Follow safe work procedures and ensure compliance
- Report any injury or illness immediately
- Report unsafe acts and conditions
- Perform regular Work Site Observations (WSO)
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is available and is worn where and when require
- Ensure all necessary updates and revisions to procedures and other documents are done (delegate as necessary through the Field Coordinators)
- Attend +/∆ if required
- Assemble all support documentation required to generate close-out report
- (+/∆’s, overtime tally, cost summaries, etc.)
- Ensure all ∆’s are addressed and changes are incorporated where appropriate
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Schedule: Monday - Thursday; 10 hour days.
Flights in and out of Edmonton and Calgary Hubs to site provided. Executive camp accommodations also provided.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential