MINE TECHNICIAN (VENTILATION) - JOB ID 490
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILTIIES (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Conduct ventilation surveys and troubleshoot and repair (when possible) any deficiencies that are identified
- Issue ventilation survey maps of the mine for use in planning, operations, and emergency situations
- Ensure compliance with regulatory ventilation requirements
- Monitor and report performance of primary ventilation and heating system
- Provide input for ventilation design of new mine development areas
- Schedule necessary ventilation changes or repairs with mine operations and maintenance
- Assist in construction, commissioning, and calibration of new ventilation control and monitoring equipment
- Provide input regarding ventilation construction work to short term planners
- Mine Engineer, or Diploma as a Technician in Mining or related field
- A minimum of three years of ventilation experience in an underground mining environment
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Proficient working with ventilation survey equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Good 3D visualization skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain a good communication network with all stakeholders
Location: Rocanville, SK
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.