Procurement Advisor - JOB ID 621
· Creates purchase orders.
· Maintains and manages entire lifecycle of purchase orders and other basic procurement documentation.
· Assists with and addresses procurement process issues as required and escalates those which are unresolved to more Senior Procurement Coordinators and Specialists.
· Meets the demands of multiple clients including external stakeholders.
· Ensures all procurement activities are aligned with the purchasing strategy and procurement plan.
· Identifies approved suppliers to address requirements.
· Illustrates independent resolution of basic issues and problems.
· Understands the key drivers of the business unit being supported.
· Creates individual annual objectives, measures, and performance targets aligned with the overall Procurement Team and the Supply Chain Management (SCM) functions' performance targets.
· Has acquired the ability to independently resolve basic issues and problems.
· Displays the ability to analyze data, review requirements and negotiate effective solutions.
· Applies general Supply Chain Management concepts and processes and articulates key terminology in daily work.
· Problems dealt with range from limited to moderate complexity and are guided by policies and procedures.
· Works directly with line/site managers.
· Exercises judgment to achieve the required result based on the technical requirements provided.
· Follows existing practices, procedures and standards when making decisions.
· Receives coaching on interpretation of new requirements.
· Deals with problems which range from limited to moderate complexity and are guided by policies and procedures.
· Skill development is focused on decision making and judgment. Work is increasing in scope and responsibility.
· Ability to apply procurement concepts to execute complex processes in daily work.
· Ability to analyze data, review requirements and negotiate effective solutions.
· Demonstrates broad general understanding of Supply Chain Management (SCM) with advancing skill in key areas of Procurement and Planning, Scheduling and Coordinating.
· Requires communication skills and effective interaction with partners and suppliers.
· Applies advanced ERP knowledge to execute tasks.
Minimum 1 - 3+ years in a Supply Chain or a Procurement related role.
Post-secondary Business or Supply Chain background preferred.
Experience in Oil and Gas industry preferred.
Start date: January 30, 2023 – May 21, 2023
Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8 AM – 4 PM
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 4 months