Project Controls Analyst - 733
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• As a professional, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and continuously improving all aspects of Quantity Surveying, Cost Control, trending & forecasting, change management and reporting on the project.
• It is a challenging opportunity to work with different stakeholders (Modyard contractor, CMT, Operations & Turnaround) and Contractors to ensure their Cost process and systems are set up as per Contract Obligations and in sync with client’s Systems & procedure.
• As client’s PC representative at Modyard you will work closely with PCM and PC team members to coordinate Modyard scheduling, reporting & cost control.
• Responsible for understanding and following the applicable Standards, Procedures, Templates and Specifications.
• Responsible to raise any deviations to the PC Standards & Procedures are ensure they are signed by the document owner and approver.
• Responsible to support Quality Assurance by ensuring process compliance with PC Standards & Procedures and expected behaviors through periodic audits.
• Responsible to support Quality Control by completing the PC deliverables with timeliness and accuracy, to meet expected outcomes.
• Managing commitments, actual quantities, costs, and allocations against budget and awarded values.
• Reviewing & validating invoices and Payment certificates, application of unit rates and method of measurement, new prices etc.
• Verifying and validating incurred & actual costs and developing/maintaining the incurred cost forecast (ICF).
• Performing cost variance and root cause analysis at different levels including the contractor data to ensure proactive decision making.
• Maintaining the project contingency and escalation management plans.
• Developing and producing project cost reporting requirements.
• Completing progressive closeout of cost closeout, asset capitalization and benchmarking deliverables at Modyard as well as at site
• Maintaining the project change log.
• Initiating, coordinating, and managing PCNs (in Ecosys and SAP S4) at Modyard coordinating with Cost lead at home office.
• Preparing or coordinating with the estimator and/or scheduler for the preparation of cost & schedule impacts to analyze potential PCNs.
• Coordinating with the PMoC coordinator or project management designate for change management.
• Organizing and chairing monthly change management meeting at Mod yard.
• Submitting PCNs for approval.
• Understanding the project baseline and control budget including scope definition, estimate costs workforce hours, schedule dates and durations and execution strategies to facilitate immediate decisions on project change.
• Alerting the Project Controls Manager of potential or real deviations from the control budget as early as possible to enable development and implementation of mitigation or recovery measures.
• Providing supporting backup and explanations for all identified changes.
• Working closely with all Integrated Team members, be proactive and resolve any identified concerns or issues.
• Progressive closeout as project milestones is completed, e.g., POs and NWA. Set up metrics/KPIs and report in CT/MESR. Initiate Asset componentization list and finalize and obtain approval for the Closeout plan.
• Executing the PC Closeout plan, completing and obtaining approval for the final Closeout report, provide benchmarking data as per plan.
• Ensuring all PC requirements on the Project Management Closeout Standard Checklist are completed.
• Develop understanding of Milestone Analysis process.
• Support the implementation of Milestone Analysis activities.
• Ensure our contractors understand their obligations and how they will share in the success of the project.
• Ensure our contractors are delivering as per their obligations and elevating issues as they arise.
• Understand how our Capability Building program will lead to more effective progress meetings and higher certainty in project success.
• The client is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified individuals.
• Demonstrate client’s Values and Operational Discipline Behaviors.
Education and Experience:
• A post-secondary graduation degree, Quantity surveyor and Cost skills certification is a must.
• Excellent computer skills, MS Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), experience in Powe BI and analytical tool; EcoSys, and SAP S4 is added asset.
• Minimum 8-10 years of Project Controls experience in the oil and gas sector out of which 3-5 years at site working with Contractor.
• EPC and Owner experience a definite asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Well versed in Quantity surveying of all discipline, checking Material take-offs against actuals / as-builts, apply right contract price codes, validation of unit rate contracts, invoicing and cost control reports submitted by contractor.
• Apply a working knowledge of key project controls concepts, functions, processes, principles, standards, and policies.
• Can identify and resolve common problems and identify impacts of actions, risks, and opportunities by displaying analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Can apply skill to a range of tasks, working without supervision in routine, well-defined situations.
• Good interpersonal, analytical, organizational & communication skills; both written and verbal, and positive teamwork approach with cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
• Collaborate with others to develop competency, pursue learning opportunities, and share knowledge with others.
This is an Edmonton based position for Module yard and later transition to Fort mac site, fly-in and fly-out option being provided. All necessary training required need to be undertaken for Site based position prior to mobilization.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all the applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
No fields configured