Project Controls Analyst - JOB ID 534
Responsibilities will include but, not limited to:
- As a professional, you will be responsible to develop, maintain and continuously improve all aspects of Cost Control, forecasting, change management and reporting for the successful PC service on the project.
- Responsible to understand and follow the Standards, Procedures, Templates and Specifications.
- Responsible to raise any deviations to the PC Standards & Procedures are ensure they are signed by the document owner and approver.
- Responsible to support Quality Assurance by ensuring process compliance with the PC Standards & Procedures and expected behaviors.
- Responsible to support Quality Control by completing the PC deliverables with timeliness and accuracy, to meet expected outcomes.
- Managing commitments, actual costs and allocations. Providing input to the bid evaluate award process.
- Calculating incurred costs and developing/maintaining the incurred cost forecast (ICF).
- Performing cost variance and root cause analysis.
- Maintaining the project contingency and escalation management plans.
- Developing and producing project cost reporting requirements.
- Completing progressive closeout of cost closeout and benchmarking deliverables.
- Maintaining the project change log.
- Initiating, coordinating, and managing PCNs.
- Preparing or coordinating with the estimator and/or scheduler for the preparation of cost & schedule impacts to analyze potential PCNs.
- Coordinating with the PMoC coordinator or project management designate for change management.
- Organizing and chairing monthly change management meeting.
- Submitting PCNs for approval.
- Understanding the project baseline and control budget including scope definition, estimate costs workforce hours, schedule dates and durations and execution strategies to facilitate immediate decisions on project change.
- Alerting the Project Controls Manager of potential or real deviations from the control budget as early as possible to enable development and implementation of mitigation or recovery measures.
- Providing supporting backup and explanations for all identified changes.
- Working closely with all Integrated Team members, be proactive and resolve any identified concerns or issues.
- Progressive closeout as project milestones are completed, e.g. POs and NWA. Set up metrics/KPIs and report in CT/MESR. Initiate Asset componentization list and finalize and obtain approval for the Closeout plan.
- Executing the PC Closeout plan, complete and obtain approval for the final Closeout report, provide benchmarking data as per plan.
- Ensuring all PC requirements on the Project Management Closeout Standard Checklist are completed.
- Develop understanding of Milestone Analysis process.
- Support the implementation of Milestone Analysis activities.
- Ensure our contractors understand their obligations and how they will share in the success of the project.
- Ensure our contractors are delivering as per their obligations and elevating issues as they arise.
- Understand how our Capability Building program will lead to more effective progress meetings and higher certainty in project success.
Education and Experience
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate.
- Excellent computer skills, MS Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), EcoSys, and SAP.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Controls experience in the oil and gas sector.
- EPC and Owner experience a definite asset.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Apply a working knowledge of key project controls concepts, functions, processes, principles, standards, and policies.
- Can identify and resolve common problems and identify impacts of actions, risks, and opportunities by displaying analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Can apply skill to a range of tasks, working without supervision in routine, well-defined situations.
- Good interpersonal, analytical, organizational & communication skills; both written and verbal, and positive teamwork approach with cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
- Collaborate with others to develop competency, pursue learning opportunities, and share knowledge with others.
Location: Calgary, AB
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.