Project Cost and Document Controller - JOB ID 581
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop Generic Projects Cost Structure and a Cost Account Directory.
· Liaise with Accounts Department to charge company’s overheads (indirect costs) according to company’s overhead allocation system/procedures.
· Revise cost estimates at the end of every reporting period to generate “Forecast At Completion’.
· Perform cost analysis and advise leaders on cost over-runs in a timely manner so the corrective actions can be taken.
· Responsible to provide accurate document review and control to meet the client’s project specifications and company needs in a timely, professional, and knowledgeable manner.
· Provide document management administration for the company, which includes physical and electronic files, documents and other records ensuring all are managed through to completeness.
· Code documents, including data entry from electronic records.
· Assist with document quality control: include filing, distributing and discarding records.
· Provide project support by performing duties including maintaining job related files and documentation.
· Maintain reporting documentation and logs of document retrievals, updates, distributions and removals; attention to detail is a necessity.
· Design file structure for easy access and retrieval of files.
· Assist with time-sensitive material such as urgent and confidential packages.
· Ensure cost controls are in place and effectively implemented to control the cost of the project.
· Participate in meetings to clarify project costs.
· Prepares cost, schedule and progress reports that allow the assigned projects to be proactively controlled and managed.
· Review existing project controls and systems. Where necessary, propose additional controls.
· Align project cost reporting with the control budget.
· Forecast procurement and contracting costs including the project estimate at completion.
· Log all approved and contemplated changes including risks.
>Prepare monthly accruals.
>Support contract cost reconciliation and closeout activities.
>Escalate concerns, issues and risks to leadership.
· Coordinate close out documentation for the project.
· Post-secondary education in an engineering, technical or a recognized business program.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Five (5) years experience in a similar role.
· Experience in multiple disciplines is preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of cost control, and project reporting.
· Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
· Excellent organizational, technical writing and verbal communication skills.
DESIRABLE CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Exceptional organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
· Ability to contribute effectively to a team and excel in a team environment.
· Self-starter - able to produce quality work with minimal supervision and guidance.
· Adaptable: capable of working in a fast-paced environment, adapt to various situations, and prioritize multiple work assignments simultaneously.
· Sound prioritization/time-management skills.
· Strong attention to detail, highly organized, good filing and record-keeping skills.
· Results focused: driven to achieve and deliver timelines.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential!