Project Manager / Coordinator - ID #209 - Saskatoon, SK
Roles and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Execute project idea into standard deliverable products ready for the development of the stage gate process
• Creating clear and attainable project objectives in consultation with the program manager.
• Collecting and documenting project requirements provided by project stakeholders.
• Creating integrated project planning documents with team and stakeholder.
• Identifying and managing risk associated to the project.
• Facilitates creation of required stage deliverables.
• Accountable to ensure that all milestone and/or key deliverables within a stage have been reviewed and accepted by stakeholders.
• Completion of financial approval documents.
• Monitoring and controlling project performance to maintain cost, schedule, scope and quality.
• Managing change requests through the Integrated Change Control procedure.
• Communicating project performance and project changes with stakeholders.
• Managing and communicating with project team.
• Responsible for people change management activities for the project as required to ensure the successful creation, implementation and attainment of business value of the deliverable.
• Mechanical Engineer preferred or relevant technical diploma or university degree with 5+ years’ of increasing responsibility in various positions on large resource projects working for Owner Organizations
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in fixed plant, utilities or infrastructure assets is preferred
• Previous field experience in an Oil and Gas operating environment and/or mining is preferred
• Certified Project Management Professional PMP preferred
• Project management experience coordinating the activities of multi-disciplinary teams assigned to the project
• Developed leadership characteristics as well as advanced interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Strong facilitation skills are essential
• Initiates problem solving; devises ways of reaching objectives in the most effective / economical manner
• Builds cross-functional relationships to gain support and ensure the success of the organization
• Experience in a potash environment as well as earth works projects
Skills and Knowledge:
• Ability to work across boundaries (interaction with, and understanding impacts to, both functional and business unit leaders at various levels of leadership)
• Ability to lead moderate to large cross-functional project teams to safely, reliably, cost effectively and efficiently execute project scope
• Ability to lead various internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of highly complex projects
• Ability to network, relationship build, and influence change
• Work independently with limited supervision, seeking clarification as required.
• Solves problems requiring investigation and interpretation using established procedures and methods.
• Be able to exercise leadership without formal authority and work in a team environment
• Have demonstrated leadership skills for delegation, negotiation, influencing, and consensus building to coordinate work to meet objectives
• Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday; 8 hour days
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL RESIDENTS.
Reference Job ID #209
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.