Project Manager - ID #215 - Saskatoon, SK
Roles and Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
• Responsible for the successful execution of capital projects, which includes ensuring work is occurring safely, within budget, on schedule, and achieves business objectives.
• Follow our client’s Project Management policies, procedures and systems.
• Assess, manage, communicate and report on project status and risks.
• Creating project documents such as WBS, Cost Estimates, Risk Registers, Schedules and Execution Plans.
• Manage all required project documentation through the project life cycle.
• Interface with stakeholders and project teams for successful project development, execution and completion.
• Make recommendations and be involved with decision-making on technical aspects of projects.
• Assist with planning future year Capital budgets, project scope and cost estimations, and project evaluation and selections.
• Be a safety leader and foster a positive safety culture.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to handle a large and varied workload.
• Understand and application of Project Management principles and techniques in accordance with PMBOK.
• Ability to understand and manage work involving multiple disciplines.
• Ability to lead project groups and manage projects.
• Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
• Strong technical writing skills.
• Professional speaking abilities (ie. speaking in public to groups, and via electronic media).
• Ability to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical people.
• Proficiency with estimating project costs and forecasting cash flows.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive)
• Proficiency with Primavera scheduling software is an asset.
• Proficiency with Oracle Business Intelligence software is an asset.
• University degree or technical diploma.
• Must be eligible to pursue a PMP designation.
• PMP designation or significant experience in managing projects is an asset.
• Formal education or significant experience in effective communication is an asset.
• Ability to work Underground.
• Understanding of Canadian potash mining is an asset.
• Eligible to work in Canada
Schedule is 4X10 hour days (6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) with the potential for off-hours / weekend work depending on the workload. The duration of the contract would be 6 months to 1 year, however our client reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time.
Reference Job ID #215
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
"WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential."