Senior Contracts Advisor - SCM Contracts & Procurement - JOB ID 587
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Lead utilization of D&IT category profile of all risk/complexity levels, and actively participate in cross functional team meetings to collate demand, evaluate business requirements, and identify optimization opportunities.
• Develop go to market strategy, bid evaluation and selection criteria for all levels of complexity, integrating market intelligence from historical supplier performance and contract compliance information.
• Develop negotiation strategy and lead the evaluation of and develop recommendations for the commercial structures of high risk/high complexity contracts, including but not limited to software end user license agreements, maintenance-support agreements, outsourced service level agreements, hardware, and cloud-based services.
• Complete review of terms and conditions and engage legal, insurance, credit risk, and cyber security teams as required.
• Run effective implementation and roll out of negotiated contract terms and conditions to peers and business unit. Lead change management process for contracts and assist more junior professionals in conducting this process; lead contract close-out process and ensure supplier performance feedback is gathered for future reference and manage performance issues.
• Ensure that commercial and business requirements are met, with performance issues addressed in a timely fashion at the senior leadership level.
• Experience with IT contracts and procurement or similar multifaceted technology contracts.
• Experience in category management, strategic sourcing, contracts management or supply chain operations, with demonstrated capability in successfully leading large cross-functional or multi-disciplinary teams to develop and execute projects, initiatives, strategies, or other large opportunities and drive superior results and value creation.
• A deep understanding of contracting and commercial concepts and processes, coupled with strong negotiation skills and the dexterity to lead complex commercial negotiations. The ability to build trust and respectful relationships with suppliers while collaborating on opportunities and managing performance.
• Extraordinary communication skills, both verbal and written, with the sufficiency to adapt to different audiences, including demonstrated ability to effectively present commercial concepts clearly and concisely.
• Alignment with our values of safety above all else, respect, raise the bar, commitments matter and do the right thing.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
• Minimum 5-10 years of directly related professional experience and/or a combination of commercial and technical work experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or Computer Science
• This position may also allow for some remote work from home.
• Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday.
• Travel may occasionally be required primarily within Canada and the U.S.
• We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations.
• MBA and other recognized professional designations and training (SCMP, PMP, P.Eng., Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.)
• Experience with SAP Ariba, Fieldglass, or S4.
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
WestCorp Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.