SENIOR METALLURGY ENGINEER - JOB ID 598
Tasks & Responsibilities
· Provide technical support and review welding-related documents, including Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs), Procedure Qualification Records (PQRs), Welder Qualification Records for offsite and onsite fabrication for BUP related projects. This includes structure / piping / pipeline / pressure vessels projects considering the applicable technical welding standards (CTS-0903, CTS-0220, CTS-0910, CTS-0909) and relevant CSA, ABSA, ERCB (EUB), CWB and ASME code requirements.
· Provide technical supports on welding alloys and Corrosion Resistant Alloys.
· Provide technical support related to material selection and metallurgy-related inquiries for the BUP projects in all stages, including vendor documentation review (e.g., problem definitions and project development, concept selection, DBM/FEED, detail design, etc.).
· Analyze material test reports (MTRs) and NDTs and Inspection plans and provides recommendations.
· Work closely with Fabrication / Constructor and clarify technical questions related to welding for compliance to standards.
· Promptly respond to BUP project technical deviations (TDNs) and requests for information (RFIs) related to materials, welding, and welding procedures.
· The incumbent need to fill out and maintain the work request resolution log of, track the hours allocated to each project, and maintain a scorecard for the evaluation of the EPCs and Fabricators.
· Regular site visits are not expected / required except on special occasions if necessary and justified by business needs (e.g., introduction to the team, etc.).
· Minimum of 5 years with proven welding experience.
· Has good communication skills with other disciplines and project business personnel.
· Has a strong technical background in welding technologies and applications.
· Has field/plant operation support experience and understands the most common damage mechanisms in the Oil and Gas refineries and Upgraders to be able to propose practical, fit-for-purpose solutions to problems and understand the impact on operating assets.
· Has good organizational skills.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
· Must be an APEGA registered Professional Engineer
· Must be Metallurgy or Materials Engineer / or Mechanical Engineer with Master in Metallurgy / Materials Engineering
· Must be a Candidate with 15+ years of professional experience as a minimum.
· Field experience in Maintenance and Reliability is highly desirable.
· Oil gas experience is highly desirable.
· EPC / designing experience is acceptable as long as is complemented with valuable experience working in the field in an operating facility
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
WestCorp Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Fixed term contract