Senior Procurement Advisor - JOB ID 498
Responsibilities (may include but not limited to the following:)
- Execute procurement best practice for sourcing activities, ensuring these practices are in accordance with policies and procedures
- Develop project or scope specific contracting and procurement strategies and contract execution plans in support of Project Management gate review processes
- Facilitate and support end users’ needs for sourcing goods and services, including providing appropriate and timely input to planning of capital project needs; assisting in RFx processes including participating in the development of scopes of work and evaluation criteria, support the development of commercial compensation structure for the Scopes of work support the evaluation of bids, negotiation preparation and execution, completing and implementing contracts including contract close-out activities.
- Manage the day-to-day contract related requests such as supporting contractor on-boarding and kick-off requirements, change management activities, and claims management
- Preparation of Contract Executive Summaries
- Lead Supplier relationship reviews with key suppliers on a periodic or as needed basis and be a champion of Diversity and Inclusion efforts.
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to procurement team members across all Procurement site locations.
- Ensure compliance to company policies, procedures and best practices.
What you will bring:
- Motivated, high-energy and self-starter business mindset with the ability to adapt and perform a changing environment
- Proficiency in legal and commercial contract negotiations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Ability to work with a variety of internal customers and external suppliers with time sensitive demands
- Track record of success leading engagements or other problem-solving initiatives requiring coordination of cross-function team members with varied backgrounds and skills
- Deep familiarity and practical experience with enterprise asset management systems (SAP / Oracle), spend management tools (Ariba), and data insights tools (SAP Hana)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn technology quickly
Required Industry Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years relevant experience in strategic sourcing, Supply Chain Management, project management, engineering, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business, Engineering, or similar discipline
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement (SCMP/CPSM), experience in supply chain, sourcing, and contracting processes and tools, and a more targeted experience in spend analytics, category strategy development and implementation, competitive sourcing, supplier negotiations & contract execution, supplier relationship & contract management and supplier risk management a strong asset, but not required
Looking for 7 candidates for various sites across Saskatchewan.
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential