SENIOR PROJECT CONTROLS ADVISOR - JOB ID 599
Tasks & Responsibilities
· Support purchase requests with required backup, vendor quotes, and in alignment with supply chain management standards
· Provide detailed reporting on funding progress, trending, and forecasting (completion dates, changes in funding, concerns)
· Prepare and maintain monthly progress reporting
· Prepare preliminary monthly reporting on incurred cost and schedule forecast for Project (and/or) execution Manager’s review and approval
· Build and maintain the project work cost structures, and the project network and activities in SAP
· Enter forecast into SAP by assigned deadline
· Collect and provide details for month end journal entries to align with finance standards and timelines
· Prepare, consolidate, and analyze individual project or program reports for all stakeholders
· Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all finance policies, ensuring that spending is in line with capital and/or expense guidelines
· Support and drive the closure of purchase orders, project/event phases and SAP tasks for the project
· Support in building the long-range plans and budgets to develop a full understanding of the planned spending
· Protect the integrity of the investment decision by understanding the project/event scope and bring forward deviations as required"
· Project management courses or certificates an asset.
· AACEI (Assn. for the Advancement of Cost Eng’g) Certified Cost Professional (recommended).
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
· A Degree in a related Technical or Business function or a Diploma with minimum of 10 to 15 years related work experience.
· 10+ years of progressive, specialized Project Controls experience.
· SAP skills and SAP visualization (Knowledge in SAP Project system an asset)
· Intermediate knowledge of work orders, estimating cost (I.e., Work cost structure creation, management, and strategy)
· Intermediate Proficiency in computer skills including, but not limited to, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Business intelligence
· Intermediate ability to manipulate large amounts of data and perform complex functions within Access or Excel
· Intermediate knowledge of progress and performance
· Demonstrated conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills towards the generation of solutions and sound decisions
· Strong communication skills, confident interacting with stakeholders in verbal, written and electronic form.
Work Location: Work from home 2 days per week (Monday’s and Friday’s)
Term (start and end date): ASAP - ~February 2024
Schedule: 40 hour week
We would sincerely like to thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted at this time.
WestCorp Solutions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Job Type: Fixed term contract