Shop Planner - Job ID 298
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define and prepare work packages for Mechanical/Static/Rotating Machinery & piping work in process units.
- Manage assigned WO’s and backlog by priority and finish dates.
- Prepare weekly and six week look ahead planning and update Scheduler on activities within the area.
- Liaise with Operations, Engineering and other key stakeholders to review and validate scope of work order
- Perform detailed planning, scheduling, resources estimation and allocation, progress and performance reporting in complex process plant:
- Scope out each job through site visits and discussion or meetings with relevant stakeholders – understand the level of planning detail and documentation appropriate for each individual job
- Identify steps on the work order based on specifications/procedures and Vendor best practices
- Identify parts and services required to do the job and initiate the ordering process
- Interact with Vendors on technical side
- Generate bill of materials and identify materials with long lead delivery
- Laisse and coordinate with E&I planers, EHT, Engineering and/or any other specialty to generate the work pack
- Review along with execution the field execution plan
- Be involved in routine/forced outages and scope of work creation
- Maintain work orders/notifications to provide integrity of history tracking and maintenance repair costs data
- Provide input and continuous improvement of the maintenance, planning, scheduling and data integrity processes and standards
- Participate in the development of the Mechanical/Static/Rotating Machinery maintenance plans
- Assist Supply Chain Management Group with initiatives for inventory reduction and control through reclassifying and cataloging of material in the CMMS
- Coordinate with the maintenance team, Engineering support and Operations to ensure timely completion of maintenance activities and development of ongoing improvements
- integrate the safety reviews of the work packages involving all disciplines
- Schedule daily activities within the area
- Maintain accurate records and documentation
- Assist in managing Preventive Maintenance processes
- Coach Junior Planners in the WO and planning process
- Involvement in Turnaround / Outage / Big rock Planning as required
- Be willing to support weekend coverage on an if required basis
- Comply with all Health and Safety requirements establish within the Safety Management System set out by the Client
- Comply with all regulations and legislative requirements of Occupational Health and Safety Act for the Province of Alberta and environmental standards
Typically 5+ years of related industry experience with interprovincial red seal in Boilermaker trade, Technical Diploma, University Degree (Mechanical Engineer) or equivalent.
Planning certification and proactive leadership would be an asset.
Boilermaker trade in a maintenance Planning
Maintenance planning in an upgrader, refinery or other industrial plant setting
Planning, budgeting and estimation
Maximo or equivalent CMMS
Microsoft Office Suite
Working in a fast pace environment with a proactive mindset
Excellent organization, time management, and communication skills.
START DATE: as soon as possible;
SHIFT: Monday – Thursday, 40 hours a week
HOURLY RATE: TBD
Camp accommodations provided for successful candidate with a primary residence outside of the region of Wood Buffalo.
Flights can also be provided from Edmonton or Calgary Hubs to site per rotation by Client Charter.
You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.