Turnaround Coordinator - JOB ID 500
- Provide leadership to ensure execution of job scope is done in a safe, environmentally sound and cost effective manner to support the long term reliability of the Terminal.
- The Turnaround Coordinator will report directly to the Turnaround Superintendent.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Operations Superintendent to validate value added, detailed job scopes.
- Ensure plans incorporate all learnings and archived plans from previous turnarounds.
- Utilize job scopes, subject matter experts, technical literature, equipment drawings, field visits, job safety aids, safety standards, etc. to develop detailed, safe, efficient job plans.
- Prepare job packages per a defined, detailed operating discipline utilizing SAP to sequence the jobs and order the materials.
- Collaborate with the scheduler, project teams when relevant, Operations Turnaround Superintendent, and other applicable SMEs to develop a value creating integrated schedule.
- Collaborate with the scheduler and cost controller to develop a value creating labor resource plan.
- Procure labor, managed services, and materials per defined labor and material selection processes.
- Set up service level agreement meetings with service providers and perform pre-walk through exercises / dress rehearsals.
- Direct work activity in pre-work, execution, and post-work. Drive safety and productivity performance, remove barriers as needed, update schedules, and approve labor charges.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a mining, manufacturing, refining manufacturing facility.
- 10+ years’ experience in and understanding of the flow of maintenance work in various crafts.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including weekends and nights as needed.
- Excellent verbal / written communication skills.
- A self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, and facilitate decision – making in high stress turnaround environment
- Have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills - inspire others and lead them through influence.
- Maintenance craft experience or exposure to maintenance work in a refining or petrochemical environment.
- Experience in planning jobs in JDE software
Location: North Vancouver, BC
LOA can be provided to candidates who are not considered local
If selected for onboarding, you may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with job site policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted at this time!
WestCorp Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to help build a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential